http://colchonlanuit.es/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/limpiar-colchones-thumbnail.jpg 450 610 ColchonLaNuit http://colchonlanuit.es/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/COLCHON-LA-NUIT-LOGO.png ColchonLaNuit2023-05-25 06:40:552023-05-29 08:14:29How to clean and disinfect your mattress
What do I need to clean and disinfect my mattress?
- A cup of baking soda (250 grams).
- 5 drops of tea tree essential oil.
- A plastic container with a lid.
- A strainer or sieve.
How do I do it?
- It’s very easy. The first thing we’ll do is remove the sheets and take the mattress to a place where it gets sunlight and where we have enough space to move around and clean it. An ideal place would be a balcony or a terrace.
- Why are we using baking soda? Because it is an essential, cost-effective, and effective element to help us in our daily cleaning. It allows us to eliminate moisture, deodorize, and get rid of all kinds of bacteria, dirt, and especially pesky dust mites. As for tea tree essential oil, as you may know, it is one of the best natural disinfectants available. You can easily find it in natural stores. It is not expensive and it will serve you for many applications: making hand sanitizers, cleaning the bathroom or the kitchen… It has a pleasant scent and will also help your mattress regain that pleasant “new” aroma.
- What we’re going to do is very simple. Take a plastic container and add 250 grams of baking soda to it. Now add the 5 drops of essential oil and stir well to mix the two ingredients. Perfect, you’re almost ready!
- Next step? Now, using the sieve or strainer, spread this mixture of baking soda and essential oil onto your mattress. Start by doing it on one side and let it sit for an hour. Then, do it on the other side and let it sit for another hour. This way, we will disinfect our mattress.
- Finally, all you have to do is vacuum the surface of the mattress to remove all the dirt that has adhered to the baking soda. As you can see, it’s a really easy trick and ideal to do once a month. This way, you’ll get a deeper and healthier sleep, and you’ll especially notice it when you wake up in the morning. Shall we give it a try?